Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust (MKPCT) action refreshed Content Management System (CMS) 2008
Fast Floor has provided its services to Milton Keynes Primary Care Trust for over 10 years. This latest project involved upgrading the MKPCT website with a redesign of the Trust's public facing site and its intranet, which supports its 2,500 members. Additional functionality was integrated into the website; which included:
- Upgrading the existing content editor to enable easier formatting of content (WYSIWYG), assisting the speed of content editing
- Introducing a staging server for the purpose of ensuring that content additions and edits by junior admin staff are approved by their line managers, prior to going live.
- Providing a set of content layout templates that can be used to quickly construct pages in a pre-defined format. This improves both consistency and presentation
- Enabling an automatic ‘time to live’ and expiry date for all content items.
- Displaying ‘bread crumbs’ at the top of both the public and intranet pages and the admin pages, for ease of navigation and content editing
- Logging admin user activity and producing reports detailing who has edited which pages.
- Compliance with the highest standards of accessibility (DDA compliance)
The new Content Management system (CMS) includes a polling system on both the general public site and on the staff site enabling the team at MKPCT to collect and analyse specific information from its numerous stakeholders.
The site incorporates a rotating flash image gallery, illustrating the key issues and areas of focus for the Primary Care Trust.
To visit the website, please click on the this link: www.miltonkeynes.nhs.uk