Bespoke Business Software Application Development
“Is your business suffering the limitations of using Excel as a database?”
If you are using Excel to manage your business processes and/or your communications you are almost certainly not operating at optimal efficiency. We specialise in removing inappropriate usage of Excel from businesses and organisations and replacing this with bespoke business software applications.
Our key strengths lie in our ability to both identify and capitalise on how each business stream (and project component) interacts with the bigger picture and thus drives productivity. This holistic appraoch is necessary to remove silos (often created by Excel 'gurus').
Internal experts tend to focus only on their workflow, leaving others to accommodate any impact they may impose - this often solves one problem and creates another.
If the scenario above feels all too familiar, talk to us about how we can help you optimise and unify your operations and communications.
To Operate Efficiently
A business must identify its optimal workflow, regardless of current practices. A ‘Magic Wand’ mindset is necessary to explore all potential areas for operational streamlining. The resulting workflow is then mapped to define the business requirements that drive the design and development of tailored systems – made specifically to meet this newly defined optimal workflow. It is important to prototype systems (mock-up every data entry screen) before development commences in order to ensure; the right solution will be delivered, to increase ‘buy in’ from project stakeholders and most importantly, to motivate the end users.
We have helped many organisations who had previously been working around the limitations of poorly designed systems. These limitations include; usage of numerous Excel spreadsheets (that neither integrate with anything nor allow multiple personnel to work concurrently) and 'off-the-shelf' systems (that not only have been designed purely on an assumption of how an entire industry sector operates, they also rarely integrate with remote systems in an effective manner). 'Off-the-shelf' systems can also incur huge ongoing user licence fees and perhaps most notably, many offer a multitude of features that are rarely used, whilst lacking in the key functionality required to run an efficient operation.
We design and implement bespoke, web-based software applications and offer advice for putting in-place a fit for purpose IT infrastructure in order to serve them.
Typical Services we offer include:
- Operational Workflow Streamlining & Mapping (Business Process Refinement)
- Bespoke Web-Based Software Design & Development (Data Management & Operational Business Solutions)
- Systems Integration (dovetailing remote systems, XML, Web Services)
- Systems Defragmentation (replacing Excel with unified solutions, ERP)
- Supplier Selection / Contract Negotiation / Programme Management (when engaged purely as consultants)
Typical systems we develop include:
- CRM Systems
- Recruitment Company Management Software
- Sales Order Processing Software
- Operations Management Software
- Enterprise Resource Planning Systems (ERP)
- Case Management Systems
- E-commerce Solutions
- Content Management Systems (CMS)
- Print Business Operations Management System
- Asset Management / Library Systems
- Membership Databases
- Financial Statistics and Analysis Tools
- Systems Integration
- Data Transformation / Migration
- Time and Motion Study Systems
- Web-Based Reporting Systems
- Dynamic Calendaring and Scheduling Systems
- GPS Asset Tracking / Mapping Systems / Google Map Integration
- Web to Print Systems